Sunday, May 8, 2011

One thing I love about my mom is . . . .


This post is LOADED with photos (because I'm a "more is more" type of gal, which likely works in your favor with this blog, hopefully!)  Towards the end of the post (mostly because I can't get the photos to load in the order that I want them to!) you will find photos of the "One thing I love about my mom" project.  The rest of these photos are from youth group at my house last week,  Enjoy!

Students making hearts for the slideshow.

Mr. Photogenic


Playing a game during youth group.

More of the same game.





Blurry photo, I know.  But I wanted to show  proof of him being a ham!


HAPPPPPPPPY Mother's Day! In case you didn't catch it, below is the link to the EC Mother's Day Slideshow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApLbB5Urn5k

I realized as I was watching the slideshow in church this morning with the students, that some of the hearts are difficult to read either because of pen color choice, fancy and/or messy handwriting, etc.  SO, I am posting the pictures below with the captions of what each heart said.

I pray that even with the massive and obvious hole that you feel because of your child being away from home, that you would today be encouraged, knowing that the Lord aims to restore your family, and that you would be enveloped with His mighty love for you and your child.  So, without further ado . . . .

One thing I LOVE about my mom is  . . . . . 
I love you with a passion.  I love how you are always there for me and don't give up on me.  Feliz Dia de Madre.

Hard working.  Pretty.  Funny.  Trustworthy. Always there for me.  I love you.

You can go all day.  Speed.  Never Stop.  Awesome.  Energetic.  Unique.  Love you.

I love how she's amazingly supportive.  Great Listener. Patience.  Caring. Smart. Her Smile.  She loves me (no matter what.)

What I love about my mom:  she is always there for me.

Loving.  Always there for me. Hard working. A lot of patience.  Smart. Beautiful.

Great Cook.  The Boss. Wise.  Patient.  Great Leader.  Good looking. Smart.

Real mom.  Love me no matter what.  Happy Mother's Day.

I love you so much mom. Thank you for adopting me.  Happy Mother's Day.

One thing I love about mom is that she never gave up on me.

One thing I love about my mom: You always came to every basketball game.  You're the best!

One thing I love about my mom: her unconditional love for me and she's always there for me.

One thing I love about my mom:  your laugh, your wisdom, your love,  your smile!

Her musical talent and her honesty.

Finally, here is a poem that the Escuela Caribe Business Manager, Taty Hernandez, who also happens to be famous in these parts as a poet, wrote for her mother.  It is in Spanish, and then translated into English.  Taty wasn't sure about the English translation, but I left it as she translated it.

Mamá
Mía. Dulce. Fuerte. Mamá
Visión de mis luchas.
Ruta de mis extravíos.
Caudal en mis sequías.
Orto de mis despertares.
Granos somos del mismo trigo.
Mujer. Afrodita. Mamá. Amazona.
Carne de mi misma tierra.
Antorcha de mis conflictos.
Paciencia de mis búsquedas.
Aliento en mis desencuentros.
Piedras somos del mismo río.
Planeta. Mamá. Volcán. Cascada.
Parque de mis rutinas.
Chispa de mis sentidos.
Azúcar que apaga mis hieles.
Manta que cobija mis heladas.
Troncos somos del mismo bosque.
Titán. Trino. Árbol. Mamá.
Mástil de mi velero.
Aceite de mis sobriedades.
Embarcadero de mis bocetos.
Brisa suave de mis huracanes.
Aguas somos de un mismo estanque.
Gigante.  Montaña. Mía. Mamá 

Mom
Mine. Kind. Strong. Mom.
Vision of my struggles.
Route of my mistake.
Flow in my drought.
Dawn of my awakening.
We are grains of the same wheat.
Woman. Aphrodite. Mom. Amazon.
Flesh of my own land
Torch of my conflicts.
Patience of my searches.
Breath in my disagreements.
We are stones of the same river.
Planet. Mom. Volcano. Cascade.
Park my routines.
Spark of my senses.
Sugar off my gall.
Blanket that cover my frost.
We are logs of the same forest.
Titan. Sing. Tree. Mom.
Mast of my sailboat.
Oil of my sobriety.
Landing of my sketches.
Breeze of  my hurricanes.
We are waters of the same pond.
Giant. Mountain. Mine. Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment